Back in NorCal on Sunday to work on the coupe. I was having fuel starvation issues on the last 2 days of the Idaho cruise with the Utah Cobra Club. When I pulled the primary fuel filter, it was pristine ... bad news because that meant the issue was in the fuel cell. Pulled the cell (ugh!) and found the fuel pickup "sock" was fairly clogged. Emptied the tank and found dirt and gunk ... must have gotten a contaminated tank of fuel somewhere along the way. Everything cleaned up and re-installed the fuel cell (double ugh!!!). Very tight fit ... took 2 hours of wiggling, wedging, prying to get the cell back in place. Remarkably, no swear words! Coupe runs just fine.

Karen Salvaggio's new race coupe is completed and running. Yesterday, Karen took the new coupe out for about a 20 mile shakedown run, with me following in my coupe. All went will with only minor adjustment issues. What a visual treat it is to follow another coupe! Karen's coupe is Viking Blue with Wimbledon White stripes ... serious eye candy!

Washed my F-150 today and also got Elvira out of the trailer for a much needed washing. Trailered down to Salinas, CA today and on to Monterey tomorrow where I'll be joining the "Brock Coupe Group" for a weekend of a lifetime. Pics and more text to follow as the Monterey weekend unfolds ...

Garry