FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Team PDG’s Factory Five GTM Showcased in Baja Designs SEMA Booth

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

Team PDG’s Factory Five GTM Showcased in Baja Designs SEMA Booth

As many of you may know, Prototype Development Group had their GTM race car as the feature booth car for Baja Designs, which manufactures extreme lighting components in both LED and HID configurations. Team PDG has used their lights in the last couple 25 Hours of Thunderhill races and can safely say that they make one heck of an extreme lighting product. “Not only are they intensely bright, but darn near indestructable!” said team and forum member Crash.

Congratulations to Team PDG for being featured in the Baja Designs SEMA Booth! To see this car in action, make sure to tune into the 2012 25 Hours of Thunderhill on December 8-9.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Stunning car, and overall fantastic build showcasing how awesome Factory Five is!! The LED lights look pretty cool too, but that car is insane! It looks like it is doing 125 mph just sitting there!!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That car is COOOOOL.

It is like a spaceship inside and out (with all of the buttons and central seating). I tried to get into it and it was difficult for ME.

I should say I'm a contortionist with higher flexibility than most professional dancers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shinn497 View Post
    That car is COOOOOL.

It is like a spaceship inside and out (with all of the buttons and central seating). I tried to get into it and it was difficult for ME.

I should say I'm a contortionist with higher flexibility than most professional dancers.
    I've been in and out of it probably 200 times or so now, and I can safely say that there is a technique to it. Once you understand where you can and can not put your feet and hands, it goes pretty smoothly. IMHO this car is actually much easier to get in and out of than a stock GTM.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    I've been in and out of it probably 200 times or so now, and I can safely say that there is a technique to it. Once you understand where you can and can not put your feet and hands, it goes pretty smoothly. IMHO this car is actually much easier to get in and out of than a stock GTM.
    Hey Crash is that with our without the pit crew member grabbing you by your arm pits and dragging you out
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Without.

I have not had anyone, or felt the need for anyone, to help me in or out since we put in the ledge on the door sill area. This makes getting in and out REALLY easy because I don't come out at ground level, crawling on the ground. I end up coming out 18 inches or so above the ground, so it is a much more graceful way to get out of the car. Don't know if something can be done like this for a street version, but maybe someone should look into it. You would have to eliminate any thought of opening windows though.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looked the best it ever has. They've really done an excellent job on it this year. Really well done!

David
    Mk4 Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?141-David-s-Mk4-Build-Thread

GTM Project Build site: http://www.gtmbuild.com

Few Cool GTM Parts: http://www.gtmbuild.com/parts.htm