Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
Just a quick update. Picked up the welded Breeze roll bar from the plater yesterday. I was second guessing my choice to go steel and chrome vs. stainless and then polish. But it turned out great, and now glad I went this direction. Just set it in place for this pic. Now back to the basement until the body is on.

Got bored watching the Michigan/Michigan State game this afternoon, so installed the last few pieces of trunk carpet. Finally done. I'm happy with how it turned out, but kind of a pain fitting around the little storage area I added.

The cockpit carpet is done except for the two large floor pieces, the trans tunnel, and the door sills. Will be easy to finish once the body is on. Down in the footwells is done, and I'm glad because even harder to reach once the body is on. Just a warning for all those doing the PS footbox mod like I did. Nice mod, but guess what? None of the carpet pieces fit. Duh. Several new ones required. Fortunately I had some extra carpet.

I'm now 100% ready to install the painted body. Good thing. The build is officially stopped until Nov 3 for my son's wedding in southern Indiana. If the weather cooperates, he's going to drive his bride from the church to the reception in the Mk3 Roadster. Should make for some great memories and pictures.
Trunk Carpet looks great Ed! I'll want to cover the Lizard Skin that will get applied over my powder coated panels also. If you don't mind sharing where you purchased the carpet? Looks like a charcoal color in the pics?