BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Extra '06 WRX donor possibly for sale

Post Thanks / Like

Extra '06 WRX donor possibly for sale

For those of who are looking, the 2006-2007 WRX is the best year for a donor... 2.5L, drive by wire, 32 bit computer, larger brakes.

With that being said I am thinking of selling my extra 2006 WRX donor (I race so I typically like to have an extra parts car). Car has been stripped of doors, front clip, seats, etc. The chassis still currently runs and drives (you could even take it for a test drive although the milk crate seat isn't very cozy). I have wrapped and kept all the hinges, mirrors, latches, seat belts and instrument cluster that will be used for the 818. This car has 70K total miles, is a 5 speed and a true California car (that means NO corrosion or rust ANYWHERE!!!). I also have the title with it if you would need it if it went to another state (California you don't).

Car is located in San Carlos CA.

Last edited by DrAwender; 12-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your asking price?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't decided on a price. You can PM me for more info. If someone wanted, I could pull the motor, trans, brakes, etc so it could be easily shipped on a pallet.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, '06 is especially good because it's the only year that has the aluminium lower control arms. '07 and all other years have those ugly and heavy cast-iron control arms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    PM sent...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    dang why does this have to be so far a way! cant find crap for 06-07 in my area :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDrums View Post
    FYI, '06 is especially good because it's the only year that has the aluminium lower control arms. '07 and all other years have those ugly and heavy cast-iron control arms.
    You mean ugly, stamped steel control arms. I've seen "online" (whatever those are worth) weight quotes between .5 pounds per side to 1.7 pounds per side.

In any case, definitely not cast iron....but I assume you knew that and just typoed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both types, I measured about 2 lbs lighter for the aluminum arms

they look much better and are not a very costly addition esp. when I sold my good steel arm for $50 on ebay

looked it up in the working on the donor thread...

steel 8lbs aluminum 6 lbs
    Last edited by RM1SepEx; 12-19-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhyrraM View Post
    You mean ugly, stamped steel control arms. I've seen "online" (whatever those are worth) weight quotes between .5 pounds per side to 1.7 pounds per side.

In any case, definitely not cast iron....but I assume you knew that and just typoed.
    Sorry haha, not a typo but maybe a brain fart. Regardless, the '06 has the nice aluminium ones, all other years have the ugly STAMPED STEEL lower control arms which are a real PITA to work with. There are few pitman arm pullers that fit over them when you want to pop the ball joint out for a quick fix. I've been in rusted ball-joint hell with my outback for a while and literally had to saw through the left ball joint that was rusted and sized into the arm and into the knuckle. If it had the nice aluminium ones, a pitman arm puller would have popped it out no problem.

For that alone, it's worth it if you ask me lol.
    Last edited by BrandonDrums; 12-19-2012 at 04:43 PM.