Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM # 4 for me.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

GTM # 4 for me.

Well, looks like my shop's getting used this winter after all. The new owner of the "KONI GTM" is arriving tomorrow afternoon, staying the night and then transporting it to his home on saturday. After 13 builds it gets a little less emotional. I'll never forget when I sold my first FFR Cobra. it was like 2 in the morning when the transporter arrived and he parked down the street. That car and me went through a lot together, two engines, two bodies, roll cage, solid axle, then IRS, then supercharger, then I got hooked on open track and tt events with it. Yes, it was a sad walk home and call me a wuss, but tears were shed.

Now it's not as bad, but it is still sad....... You know, I almost get a feeling that because I financially can't risk it, that I let her down by never running her on the track. But the new owner is buying her to mainly stretch her legs on the track and not on the street and I think she'll be happier there.

Thanks to Jim (AKA fuzzy) I scored a smoking deal on another LS2 and a porsche transaxle. He says I owe him dinner....Hell, I owe him breakfast in bed with a hooker after the deals he found me!
    Also already got my four corners of suspension, gas tanks and radiator from another forum member. Will probably have Murray Pfaff perform his magic again in the design arena. I am presently working on attaining sponsorship for SEMA 2013 and should have my deal concluded on my primary sponsor, if it's gonna go through, real soon. I hope so cause Dave is making a welder work on christmas day to get me a frame before the end of next week. Need to do a few frame mods before it goes to the powdercoater for another white paint job. My goal is to have it done by spring.

Last edited by fact5racer; 12-20-2012 at 10:32 PM.