Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi from South Africa

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from South Africa

Hi all , I'm going to be moving to the USA for a work contract from South Africa and can finally forfill my dream to build a 33, will be based in Charlotte NC , looking forward to a new adventure !

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the US. Building these cars is a great experience. Hope you enjoy your stay here, you'll find a lot of friends on these forums. If you get the chance, go to the build school in Michigan. Steve in TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! When are you placing the order!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on the new adventure, and welcome to the forum!

Can't wait to see your progress.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    Welcome!
    Howzit Boet (Its how we South Africans say hello to each other )

I'm building a 33 in Montana where we now live.I hope to be running this summer.

Its been a good experience.

I have long imagined one of these things cruising through Camps Bay in Cape Town.(a popular place in South Africa for flash cars to cruise)

Bye for now

Post Thanks / Like
    My plan it to come over end of April and find a place to stay in Charlotte - Hopefully on a farm of sorts with a nice potential Workshop - On my way back to SA i will visit FFR - Hopefully place my order- ! ( busy finalizing the spec but hope to fit a 5.L Coyote with a 6 speed Auto )We dont have any of the components available out here so its going to be a big learning curve. I will also be building the car as a Right Hand drive so that i can export it to South Africa in Three years Time !

Looking forward to meeting new people and getting going with my dream build ! See you on the Threads !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KTM250XCW View Post
    My plan it to come over end of April and find a place to stay in Charlotte - Hopefully on a farm of sorts with a nice potential Workshop - On my way back to SA i will visit FFR - Hopefully place my order- ! ( busy finalizing the spec but hope to fit a 5.L Coyote with a 6 speed Auto )We dont have any of the components available out here so its going to be a big learning curve. I will also be building the car as a Right Hand drive so that i can export it to South Africa in Three years Time !

Looking forward to meeting new people and getting going with my dream build ! See you on the Threads !
    I know that FF have an Australian Distributor-I am not sure if they have a right and drive mod kit for Aus.

It is really only the steering rack change and pedal Box mount that would need to be cut off and re welded to the other side.Not a big mod I think.

I once spoke to Dave Smith at SEMA and suggested that they consider making the pedal mount a bolt on piece that could be fitted on either side. they would also have to do is show that the car can be set up either left or right on its certificate of origin to make them legal for import into SA.

Cobras in SA are numerous but the 33 I feel would be unique.

Cheers
    Rob