Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Carl's Mk 4 Roadster Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks,

It has been a while since I have been able to work on the car or post up any progress. A lot has happened to the this Olde Goat ... pacemaker installation and aortic valve replacement were the big ones. The recovery has gone well so I finally was able to get back in the garage.

Folks,

This is a very overdue post ... the work was actually done at the beginning of the month.

While I am spending most of my time in NC on the project of rebuilding our home on the coast ... I did get a chance to finish the Slick Sand sanding to 180 grit before coming back down to continue work. This mean that I have applied at least three coats of Slick Sand and sanded it to shape on the body, doors, trunk lid and hood.

Here are some photos:

As I sanded and inspected the body I continue to find areas to fix ... here are a few of the minor but irritating ones ...

Of course here is the worst or most scary part of the work ...

I will be fully dressed out for the painting of the really bad stuff ...

Carl
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlewms View Post
    Folks,

It has been a while since I have been able to work on the car or post up any progress. A lot has happened to the this Olde Goat ... pacemaker installation and aortic valve replacement were the big ones. The recovery has gone well so I finally was able to get back in the garage.

Folks,

This is a very overdue post ... the work was actually done at the beginning of the month.

While I am spending most of my time in NC on the project of rebuilding our home on the coast ... I did get a chance to finish the Slick Sand sanding to 180 grit before coming back down to continue work. This mean that I have applied at least three coats of Slick Sand and sanded it to shape on the body, doors, trunk lid and hood.

Here are some photos:

As I sanded and inspected the body I continue to find areas to fix ... here are a few of the minor but irritating ones ...

Of course here is the worst or most scary part of the work ...

I will be fully dressed out for the painting of the really bad stuff ...

Carl
    Welcome back to the game Carl!

May the “The Force” be with you.

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

3. Thanks carlewms thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Carl, glad to see you are back at it. Looking good.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

5. Thanks carlewms thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's Carl these days? No updates for quite awhile..Pray all is well with him.