Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mendeola Transmission Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    With a little searching I found that it will handle 475 ft lbs torque (warrenty 400 ft lbs) and 525 HP (warrenty 450 HP). Is this still the current numbers?

If I am a little over that HP (600HP), I guess I may have to look to another higher HP transmission from Mendeola. Or is/will there be an option to order a higher HP rated Trans from FFR?

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The guys are working on the tech post on installing the diffuser on the Gen 2. It's on the car and we should have the post up today or tomorrow. The fitment with the mendeola is mentioned as well.

The OFFICIAL warranty from Mike at Mendeola is 400/450 but anyone who knows these guys and the way they build parts knows the box is good for alot more than that. One variable that people seems to overlook is tires. Slicks and 25 hour raodraces have a way of killing transmissions...

More shortly
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post
    Slicks and 25 hour raodraces have a way of killing transmissions...
    Although, I would like to note, that we ran our S5 Mendeola transaxle for a total of over 70 hours without issues and only one service at the ~35 hour mark. We had hoped to stress test the box for a ccontinuous 25 hours with race tires, but, alas, only got in 7 hours before being knocked out of the event due to crash damage. The Mendeola transaxle worked FLAWLESSLY, really, the entire season.

This is gonna be a great transaxle for the GTM community!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts