Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Steve.

I have to say that I really appreciate the kind words and support that you send my way. My wife asked whether or not I was getting excited again about the build and how it's coming along? I told her that I am happy about how things seem to be coming together. It sure looks like it's going to turn out the way I had originally envisioned. But to be honest, the thing that would make me the happiest, is simply to be done with it...

We were leaving the "Texas Cattle Co" just outside of the Charlotte Motor Speedway, and a Pearl Orange Lamborghini Aventador came along beside us. Just beautiful! Of course I'm thinking to myself; wow, what a Sweeeeeeeeet car. I pointed it out to Pam as it was coming up behind us so she would see it when it passed by. As it happened, the guy pulled up and drove next to us down to the Speedway intersection.

It was pretty obvious that the he wanted the people around him to look at him and his car;(Which I sort of get...). Pam never said a word. And then all of the sudden, shes says, "He's not all that..., it would be sweet if we were in the GTM". I said, I don't know..., That's a pretty cool car.

And then Pam said, "Well... all you need is money for that. You have to BUILD a GTM to own one." That was the moment that I started enjoying the thought of finishing this car.

Now I just want it finished and ready to drive.

Thanks again for your positive comments and support.

Also... Thanks to Gary Cheney, for always seeming to know when I need a boost. Gary you never fail to make me laugh. Good luck with the mini project on your GTM that we talked about. I know you'll have it handled in no time.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 05-11-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081