So I went from "Maybe I'll look into this." to "Ordered a kit and bought a donor." in about 24hrs.

Picked up a 2005 Saab 92x that was for sale locally for a song. It has a blown head gasket but I'm having the engine rebuilt top-to-bottom anyway so it doesn't bother me. I'll be building the engine up identical to what I did on a Porsche 914 Subaru conversion I did recently. Here's the list of engine mods I plan on.

VF48 Turbo
Perrin Equal Length Headers
Perrin Uppie
Perrin lightweight crank pulley
Crucial divorced downpipe
Wiseco forged pistons
Manley forged rods
Eagle bearings
Composite TGVs
Billet fuel rails
Other bits/pieces that make for a fun time.

I also plan on getting Wayne's wiring harness. If I've learned anything, it's that easy wiring is the key to a good build.

I don't know that I'll do air-to-water intercooler again. That was a PITA on my other build (and I still haven't figured it out.)

Here's a pic of the donor.

00J0J_jxuWFgHNGwp_600x450.jpg

Inside I'll use a set of carbon-fiber seats I bought for the 914 but were too wide. They were out of a WRX, so I'm guessing they'll fit just fine here.

My kit should arrive sometime in September. I'll plan on spending the fall/winter with it. Maybe taking my time...maybe going balls-to-the-wall with it. All depends on the time I have to dedicate to it.

So....here we go?