I pulled the trigger on the kit this evening, after a LOT of debate with family, friends, and even some of y'all. The $2,500 off options was too good to pass up!

Started out with the base kit, will be getting an 87-93 donor. I am on a budget, and will be attempting the sub-$30k build. My current budget sits at $27k, so we'll see about that...

Options (Thanks Garry Bopp for your advice):
-IRS, Standard Axle Width
-Rear Brake Kit with 11.65" Rotors, etc.
-Optional Tubular Front LCAs
Will end up paying $700 for these options...not bad IMO

Vision:
-Rebuilt 302 EFI, goal of 350 hp
-Power Steering
-Power Brakes
-5 lug wheels all around
-Removable Roof (maybe a sunroof)
-Remote Capability (Start/Stop, locking, etc.)
-A/C and Heat
-DIY paint
-A heck of a good experience with my dad, brothers, and family.
-Build Thread, and perhaps even a time-lapse from start to finish!

I will be starting a job in February where I will be working 21 days on and then I'll have 21 days off, so I plan on getting this thing done ASAP. Some of the frills will probably be later, finishing the basic Coupe quickly is my primary goal. I will be hopefully getting the kit in January, that is when I have scheduled to get this all going.We also need to completely overhaul the garage before it comes.

Thanks in advance for your patience and help! This forum was a huge reason I felt comfortable in undertaking this, and I look forward to making a great deal of friends here.

Bring on the straitjacket!

-Mike

P.S. Thanks to Garry Bopp, Austexican, Andrago94, Goldwing, and everyone else who has already been so welcoming to me so far.