Well, it has been a while for an update. So many issues/parts missing from the donor. AUGH!

I had put in majority of the hoses that cracked and needed to be replaced. Then I started working on the tranny to convert it. Well that was going all nicely until I had to put it all back together. I found out there was a hairline crack in the casing. When I was shifting the gear case over, it broke off. YAY!

I ordered the new gear casing from subaru. Shortline Subaru sold me the part at a deeeeeeep discount. They gave it to me for what I could find a used one for. I am waiting on the bearings for the shift mechanism since the old ones cannot be used. Soon the tranny will be complete

Some good news, I had enough waiting to put the motor in. After a good 20 minutes, I was able to get that darn tootin' thing in. Lots of exploit deleteds happened during the whole process. I put it in myself. Lots of stop and go but it went it beautifully!

I was able to get the wheel studs in finally. I borrowed a neighbors grinder to get them through the speed hole. Torqued those puppies in and bam! The brakes were on as well. I need to get the brackets for the rear. Kind of a bummer that I didn't have them but hey, at least the fronts are in. I don't have any pics of the brakes on but osh well.