Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Not Another Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Another Build Thread

It's all finally started...

First step was to transform the 0-car garage we have back into the 3-car it once was. Got it back to 2-car Pictures will follow later of the renovation.

Ordered my kit on 10/14/14 during the Fall Special. $2,500 off options, off to a great start. Thanks Dave, Sally, Vinny, Jay, and all of the FFR Team!

Bought a donor ("Peggy") on 1/20/15, Type 65 Coupe #675 arrived on 1/29/15. So far all I've done is inventory of the kit and moved a couple things around, but I hope to get moving a little quicker soon. Organ donor Peggy's time has come! I'm still having a lot of trouble tracking down the rear end components for the IRS, I called 10 places recently and no one had anything.

This was a great thing to see Thursday morning. I've got to say, Stewart Transportation is second to none, and Jim the driver was hilarious. Everything went smoothly, and I was more than happy with the service.

The car!

The boxes... In the kit all I was missing was two cotter pins and the stuff on backorder. They also sent me a wood and aluminum wheel instead of the leather one I ordered, but Vinny at FFR is taking of it for me. Other than that, no complaints!

Here she is, sittin' pretty. Still working on a name, deciding between "Eloise" and "Virginia".

Nose goes in the game room for the foreseeable future. Cannot believe how massive it is. It really makes me want to do a "Mach Five" paint job...

So the plan is to keep a tight budget, use as much of the donor as possible (Mark Dougherty is rapidly ruining this part of the plan), and get it done in under a year. Nothing too fancy, IRS, might do some work on the stock 302, will try undercar exhaust, power steering & brakes, Kirkey seats, and maybe some nifty electronics and engraved parts at the end of the build.

I am going to go with a red and black theme. The outer color I think will be a metallic dark red like this Audi below, with the almost ubiquitous stripes (matte black?). I plan on powder coating myself as much as I can along this theme.
    http://gallsource.com/cars-wallpaper...d-wallpaper-2/

Thanks to everyone who's been a part of this process so far, especially Garry Bopp (Maybe I should have just bought his?) and Mark Dougherty. I look forward to learning from everyone in the FFR Community, and will try to keep you all updated as much as possible. I live 30 minutes west of Houston, so feel free to come see the build and help out if you're in the area.

Thanks,

Michael (or Mike, just as long as you remember one of them!)
    Last edited by mjazzka; 05-31-2015 at 08:40 PM.