Quote Originally Posted by NukeMMC View Post
This is about the 3rd or 4th time in the forums I have read this mistake in the past month or so. I don't know if SPC is shipping the UCAs assembled this way or what (I had disassembled mine to anti-seize the threads), but I do caution folks that this is a point where the build manual actually helps. Mine shows very clearly the need to have the balljoints pointing outward at the bottom on Page 92 and has a good oblique view of a correctly assembled control arm on Page 95 (Rev 3P of the Base Manual). I knew better than to rely on the manual for many things during my build, especially with the modification I made, but I referred to it frequently during the suspension portion as it has all the torques and many tips on correctly installing the suspension, like leaving pivot bolts loose until initial alignment is done. This is also the point where you want to adjust the rebound damping on your Koni's, before installation.
A bad assumption on my part led to the incorrectly installed UCA. I definitely took note of the ball joint orientation when I installed the passenger side arm. My mistake happened when I applied the same steps
on the drivers side from the previous day as "I've done this before". Instead I should have applied the same "steps" that led to success on the passenger side.

What I learned from the mistake is to be a more methodical builder and examine each part for correctness AND use the proper thread locker where noted. Had a heck of a time unscrewing the ball joint from the UCA to the point I would not re-use it for cosmetic reasons. That particular brand/part# joint is readily available. $17.00 mistake and a bruised ego is all the damage done.

I'm learning and more importantly, having fun!