Has anyone installed an AOD (Ford automatic trans. ) in a MKIV Roadster? If so, how were you able to fit the coolant lines in the space between the connection points on the Trans housing and the inner surface of the pass footbox? I only have at the most a 2 1/8" space between the outlet boss on the trans and the inside foot panel. The fitting that screws into the trans housing is a straight nps 1/2" X20 to 5/16" inverted flare (must use straight thread or the trans housing will crack). I'm trying to use a -6AN line fitting brazed to a short (very short) 5/16" steel line, which is bent to a 45deg angle which in turn is fitted to a shortened 5/16" fitting for insertion into the 5/16" inverted flare fitting. The available space as I saidfor this is 2 1/8". My contraption still does not allow enough space to connect the top (outlet) line to the female -6AN running to the trans cooler. About the only option remaining is to cut a clearance hole in the passenger foot box. But I really don't want to do that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!