I finally finished my Wilwood brake upgrade, My MK4 that I recently bought had the stock 86-93 Mustang brake rotors, and without a brake booster, made braking a scary situation. You sure didn't want to tailgate anyone. I bought the mid-grade Wilwood kit from Gordon Levy Racing. Since I don't plan on doing any high speed track events, Gordon recommended this kit.

My wheels are Cragar SS 17" diameter wheels so caliper clearance wasn't a problem. Even so, the $2300 tab to get better braking isn't a minor expense. However, it got worse. I then found out the Roadster had the pre-94 front spindles and the Mustang lower control arms. The Wilwood kit needs the newer spindles and that mandates the FFR lower control arms. I found rebuilt SN95 spindles on EBay for around $300. The FFR lower control arms added another $440. I decided to replace the master cylinder with a similar bore (15/16") but went with the 95 Mustang Cobra unit from Rock Auto Parts for $75 shipped.

So now I'm a little over three grand on the upgrade. I also decide to use DOT 5.1 silicone brake fluid. If I was racing it, I'd use DOT 4 Motul RBF 600 but this is a street cruiser only so durability was my major concern. The nice thing about the newer master cylinder is my power brake bleeder fits right on the plastic reservoir which makes bleeding a lot easier. Silicone is a bit heavier viscosity than regular brake fluid so bleeding is a bit more time consuming.

Well now the results. FANTASTIC. Rock hard pedal, very responsive brakes with a very linear response that is very predictable. No ABS here, no booster either, just you and the brake pedal. I am very pleased with the kit and how the brakes work now.

Downside: Gordon had told me he would make Parking brake cable brackets. None were provided and my email request regarding getting either the bracket or a drawing or picture if the bracket went unanswered. Customer service is a little lacking. No instructions at all on any of these parts, you are totally on your own.
However, everything fit and worked very well, and the results are great !!

Mike