It helps if you read that with a Scooby voice. "Rhuh-rhoh Shaggy."

So, I already have 15-17MY Mustang GT rear brakes for the newer IRS system in hand (well, really, in a box). They are the 13" rotors in the M-2300-MR kit from Ford Performance.

I ordered 17" Halibrand replica wheels.

I now see that the two might not quite be compatible. Somehow I missed that.

If that's correct, there is the 'put in a wheel spacer, longer lugs, maybe modify the caliper a bit' course of action. BUT, there's also the 'change the order to 18" Halibrand replica wheels, and upgrade the front brakes to something bigger too' course of action. Obvious question... Why do I need to go bigger front brakes to take care of a fitment issue with the rear brakes? Well, I don't really. But, but, but, really... If I'm opening up the wallet again for 18" wheels, why not? And, if I do change to 18" wheels, the complete kit's 11" front rotors are going to look tiny in there (that's right, right - the kit includes 11" rotors?).

It seems weird to have 11" in the front, and 13" out back. So, I kind of like the idea of upgrading the front brakes.

For front brakes, I see a 12.88" Wilwood kit through various places. There's a 14" kit from Levy Racing (94-04 Mustang, so that works, right?). I'm sure there are other 87-04 Mustang front brake kits out there as well.

Perhaps I'm just trying to talk myself into this, but my question to all you experienced people is:
What's the best option for front brakes in a Roadster with manual brakes? I'm sure there are many, many opinions, and concerns about balance and whatnot. Please, let me know your opinions and experience.

Thank you,
--Curt