I've been following FFR since they first released the GTM Supercar and love what they do. When I finally came up with both some time and funds to do a build, the 818 drew my eye. Easier for a first build and a serious bit of track kit. So after visiting the factory in December to check out the car in person, I picked up my kit in March! I got to meet Jim, Dave, Dave and Tony. All had great advice for me. They certainly made me feel like part of the FFR family before even pulling away from the loading dock. Now because its going to be a Canadian car, I had to go thru the song and dance of importing only part of the kit as a "starter kit" and then ordering the rest of the parts thru WhitbyAuto. That took til June to get the parts from Whitby. I'm now FINALLY ready to start my build.

I have a 2004 Impreza parted out, but consider this a donorless build. I want everything new, and have plans for a built motor. Want the car in the 450 rwhp range. And before y'all lecture me about horsepower to weight, I'll tell you that I used to race a built C5 vette with a similar power to weight ratio. This should be fun. Oh, and I bought ALL of the downforce making carbon bits from FFR. (Front race spoiler, rockers, rear diffuser, bigass wing).

Unpacking the car was an exciting experience.
IMG_20170415_113842 - Copy.jpg

Flipped it on its side to install the bottom aluminum.
IMG_20170415_170836 - Copy.jpg

Next step, figure out how I could move it around the garage while I'm working on it. I found some left over lumber and knocked this together.
IMG_20170419_170912 - Copy.jpg

Now because I work in the tech industry, I found this sentence very funny "I spent the morning installing a firewall". Usually this activity involves use of a computer and a virtual machine. LOL.
IMG_20170622_133125 - Copy.jpg

But I should point out that the aluminum for the stock pedal box fit up perfect, but the aluminum for the Wilwood box (which is what I used) required some grinding and reshaping, and once I got the bolts and masters to line up, the steering column hole doesn't. But perhaps that's intentional?
IMG_20170622_095356 - Copy.jpg

Either way, I'm looking forward to this build. I'm going to learn a lot. I already have.