So I just recently purchased a Cobra (mkIII built in '08) about 2 weeks ago and having a blast I might add (wink) but here's the problem I'm dealing with

I am having starter issues. Just last week when I started the car it was grinding the first 2 attempts when I tried to start the car. It finally started so "Hmmm, that was interesting...". Never had this issue before during test drives and never mentioned by seller.

Then yesterday I drove over to a friend's house to show him the car. Shut down the car in his driveway to chat for a while, then started it up (no problems) and took friend for a quick 10 min spin. Shut down car again for a few pics and then it wouldn't start. Awful grinding noise when I tried to start the car 4-5 times. Finally another guy came over and we pushed it down the street and I 'popped' it into 2nd gear (bypassing starter) and got the car started. Car ran fine but now I have concerns if I ever stop the car will I be able to get it started again. Before you ask who built the engine here are the details - 331 stroker engine was built by Anderson performance and they have a good reputation. Engine has just under 21k miles.

Any thoughts on what my problem might be...