I have a BPE 347 sbf with the Sniper system. No timing control, just fuel. I have had a lot of trouble getting this thing stable and thought one of you Sniper gurus might be able to help. Initially, I had fuel pressure issues and Holley sent a replacement regulator which worked fine and got pressures down to ~62psi. I have had idle speed problems continually since then. When motor is cold (50* or so), I turn key on, wait for prime and then it fires right up and goes to a very high idle of ~2400. After a minute or so it drops a bit to 1500 and when it finally settles out it is at 1000-1100. The hand held is set to an idle speed of 825 with the AOD transmission. I have done the IAC adjustment a dozen time and every time, it is different from one day to the next. Holley had me tape over the IAC hole in the top of the throttle body and adjust it again using their procedure and it makes no difference. Cannot get it to repeat from day to day. I called them again today and they are wondering if I have a problem with the temp sending unit. Since day one, this motor has had it temp rise in record fashion from dead cold to 160-170* in a matter of a few minutes, literally. I checked with Josh at BPE and he reminded me its a high performance motor that will get warm faster. BTW, ignition is set to 34* max at 3500RPM per BPE direction. The motor has ~350 miles on it and seems to perform well except for the idle problems. It still shows learning in progress whatever that means at this point I am unsure.

I am going to swap the location of the temp sensors (Sniper and original dash gauge sensor) to see if that matters and get back to Holley. Hopefully, someone has an idea how to proceed. I want this thing ready for the cruise in next month and need it to be right before I drive it 400+ miles. Ideas?
thx,
Tom