Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Possible problem with Ford Racing Control Pack - No throttle plate signal/movement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible problem with Ford Racing Control Pack - No throttle plate signal/movement

Not really a FFTech problem, but maybe someone can provide guidance. Issue is with a 2017 Coyote 5.0 Gen2 using FRPP Control Pack for 5.0/6R80 automatic. Engine is mounted on our test deck (not in car) with fuel regulator, gauge panel, fuel pump, radiator etc. (from the FFive kit) exactly as indicated in the FRPP directions (RF harness does not come into play at this point). Engine will eventually be installed in Gen3 65 Coupe. With ignition switch in run position (engine not running), pump comes on momentarily as it should. Moving the accelerator pedal (APPS), I should see the throttle plate move; however it does not. BUT, the engine will immediately start upon advancing switch to the ign/start position, idle up to 1100-1200 rpm (runs very smooth). Still no response by moving accelerator pedal; as the engine comes up to temp (about 5 min.), around 600 rpm the engine shuts down. I have an HP Tuners scanner in the OBD port and capturing accelerator PIDs among others. Around 700-800 rpm, timing starts to advance and retard (constantly up and down) to try to keep the engine running. Accelerator PID (% movement) does not change while moving the pedal. I've probed the voltage at APPS and see normal voltages on the various pins (reference voltage, etc.). Moving the pedal will make the voltage states change from APPS to PCM; probing wires at the TPS indicates no voltage state changes while moving the pedal from 0% to 100%. So it doesn't look like the PCM is reacting to the throttle input signal at all. Throws a DTC 2112 - Throttle Plate stuck; but the plate moves freely, so this may be a false DTC given no voltage state change at the TPS.

Sent FRPP all testing results along complete page of other information they may need. A few hours later, I got an email back that stated their Control Pack should be used with their intake and will need a tune. Replied back (politely) to please read the entire email stating (again) the engine would be installed in a FFive Daytona Coupe and no one actually used the FRPP intake. FRPP replies "where is the regulator located, did you alter the wiring harness, and has the tune been changed. I replied "regulator located on the test stand set to 55lbs., did not alter the wiring harness, and tune has not been changed". They responded " we've never seen that problem". That was last week. Their phones are down due to Covid, and your directed to use chat or email. However, chat doesn't work either, so used email. No updates from them since last week.

SO, can anyone suggest how to better troubleshoot or next steps. OR, does anyone (FFive Tech) know how to escalate this to someone within FordRacingPP.
    Last edited by BSMotorsports; 01-13-2021 at 06:27 PM.