Hello all.

Thank you for having me!

My name is Dan, and I built a mk 2 many years ago, and I had a great time, met lots of amazing people, and ended up with a great car. I used a 98 mustang cobra donor and ended up with a great build.

Life got in the way, got divorced, sold everything (Cobra, a handful of Alfa Romeos, house...) and encountered an entirely different lifestyle I have been living for about 8 years, living on a sailboat! It may not be for everyone, but everyone should try it. LOVE it, however, NO GARAGE!!!

I retire in 11 months (not that I am counting) and wanted another sports car. I looked at and drove lots, but really liked the Caddy CTS-V and ATS-V. Test driving these was an amazing AND disappointing experience. They were great cars, but insulated you from the raw experience. A bit like flying a modern plane vs a open cockpit. There is something about wind in your face and all the mechanical sounds that makes the slower plane more fun to fly.

Im back to build a MK4 roadster. I plan on not going the donor route, but need to choose a powerplant. Used? New? Type? I the friends and information here will be so valuable.

I cant wait to get started!!

Dan