Although the Koni shocks that come with the kit are fine for street use I wanted to upgrade my shocks for track duty. During my motorcycle racing days I tried many shock companies. Penske and Ohlins were my favorites. But after riding on Ohlins shocks I put them on every bike. As a rider I had never seen a shock dyno graph but I can tell you it feels just like these graphs look. When you change one damping setting only that setting is changed and the changes are very linear. One click makes the same amount of change regardless of where you are travel of the adjustment. The other thing is that there is just so much adjustment. I could change spring rates and just add a few clicks to the dampers and I was good to go.

I did lots of research looking for somebody who understood these dampers and would be able to tune a set for the GTM. At SEMA I met the performance shock guys who built these dampers and they are very knowledgeable. The actual Ohlins designer from Sweden was in the booth answering questions.

A cool thing about these shocks is that you can upgrade them to 4 way adjustable by simply removing the adjusters and inserting a new valve. The other thing I like is the remote reservoir that you normally see piggy backed off the shock or attached with a stainless braided line is built in to the body. Nice and compact.

These shocks mount on the GTM without any modification to the frame because you can get different length end eyes. to position the shock body where you want it. I ended up putting bushings in the 1/2 inch holes of the frame so I could tighten up the tolerances between the end eyes and the frame. But thats just me looking for projects. Its not needed.

I thought you guys would be interested to see the dyno graphs that these shocks trace out. You can see how linear the adjustments are. Also note that this is three clicks per incremental trace change not just one. You can make very small changes in damping with one click.

the other traces are in my album. If you want to see them click on my ID and check out the other traces.

If anyone else has traces from shocks they put on the GTM I would love to see them. We can compare what folks have come up with as well as how each shock reacts to settings changes.

John