Wondering if anybody can help me out or have any tips. I have an electrical short somewhere. I still have power to the car with the battery cut off switch in the off position. With the switch off I can still turn on headlights, fog lights, fuel pump runs etc etc, but when manually turning on the cooling fan with a switch, a fuse blows. The cooling fan fuse itself does not blow, but the 5 amp EMER SO FUSE does, at least that is what its labeled. Ive also tried the method of disconnecting the positive cable from the battery and attaching a test light to the cable and the probe to the positive battery terminal, light comes on. I've pulled every fuse and relay and the test light still stays on.

Battery cut off switch tests good. All wires disconnected, theres no continuinty with switch off. Switch on theres continuinty. The wires that are connected at the cut off switch are the thicker cable coming from in from the battery and a thicker cable going out to the starter. Theres also a thinner wire that I'm pretty sure leads to the 5amp EMER SO FUSE up in the cabin. Fuse installed continuity and fuse out, no continuity. The battery cut off switch will work when one side of the thinner wire is disconnected from the terminal. Switch on theres power. Switch off, no power. I've tried testing for continuity to ground with the Fluke and there is no continuity from the wire to a ground. On both terminals there is no continuity to ground. Wondering if anybody else has any ideas or something else to test or troubleshoot. Just weird to me that I can turn on all the lights, 4 way flashers and no fuse blows but manually making the cooling fan run it will blow that fuse. It wont blow the EMER SO fuse with the battery switch on and manually turning on the cooling fan, only with the battery switch off. Any help would be appreciated. LOL.