BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  138

Thread: Bruce's long awaited journey begins: #1294

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been piddling around with things while getting property chores done. I ordered 4 LED indicator lights for the dash. 1 check engine light, 1 high beam indicator and 2 directional arrows. I didn't like the ones in the kit and I wanted a ck eng light, which my computer has an output for, so when I found it on Amazon you could pick between different ones for all sorts of things. Had to go for the others to match. I have an AutoMeter matching platinum clock ordered from AutoMeter, due to arrive friday. I cut holes and got the AC vents in on the ends which are curved. They didn't want to sit good so I bought a 2 1/2" ID exhaust adapter and cut 2 rings off it just wide enough to be even at 2 points on each side of the panel. I had to cut about 3/16" off of the part that screws on the back of the vent so it could screw on enough to hold. I'll cement them in after painting with black epoxy. Just one more hole for the clock, wire the new stuff up and test the components. After I make sure everything works, back apart and finish the panel.

After going to the FFR Cruise-in last Saturday I was able to eyeball the one Gen 2 Hot Rod that showed up. There were 4 Gen 1s. and a ton of Cobras. Got some good tips from the owner about the nose cone and side covers mountings. Those have to be the worst body panels of all the FFR cars to get right. I'm working on them. I noticed that every time I left the nose cone on the car overnight or longer it would look wet under the radiator. I tightened the lower hose clamps but that wasn't it. Then I saw a drip from the petcock. Gave the drain screw a tweak but that wasn't it. I put a wrench on the boss and turned it in about an 1/8th of a turn and that stopped it. I have Teflon tape on it too.
    Last edited by Mastertech5; 08-22-2023 at 09:32 PM.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.