Ethan's Build Thread
Decided that it is finally time to kick off my build thread. I've been following the forums for a long time and have learned alot, but I've been silent until today. So, now it's my time to contribute back to the community.

Donor:
AJW Donor Kit (sheduled to recieve it this Friday 06/28/2013!)
  • 2002 WRX - 148,000 miles. The kit recieve a new OEM 2.5l STi short block and AJW had the 2.0 heads machined to the match the block, making this build a "hybrid"

Planned Build:
This will be my first "kit-car" build, so I plan to take my time with it. That said will still be aiming for 325-350hp on 91-93oct (should be fun!).

Current list of parts and option:
  • Frame Powder Coat
  • "GTM" Seats
  • Aftermarket Stearing Wheel (undecided)
  • Race Logic Traction Control (part of the "group buy")
  • Front Wheels - Enkei Raijin 18x8
  • Rear Wheels - Enkei Raijin 18x9.5
  • Front Tires - Toyo Proxes R888 225/40ZR18
  • Rear Tires - Toyo Proxes R888 255/35ZR18
  • Better Interior carpeting and door covering of some sort...
  • Quiafe LSD - QDH1Y
  • lightweight battery - possibly Odyessey P680

*Engine Modifications:

• Blouch 1.5XTR (3" inlet)
  • DW 850cc injectors
  • DW 300lph fuel pump
  • TGV delets
  • Turbo XS TMIC
  • Invidia Uppipe
  • Invidia Downpipe - After seeing the supplied exaust, I may have to do some cutting/welding on this one...
  • Perrin Big MAF intake
  • Gimmik Turbo Inlet
  • Grimmspeed Boost controller
  • STRI Xline Boost Gauge
  • AEM UEGO Wideband
  • A quality dyno tune

*Not having much experience with Subaru engines I relied heavily on Andrew at AJW to recommend a list of parts to hit my power goals and these parts were his recommendations. I've since spent countless hours pouring through NASIOC, and have to say that I'm very happy with his recommendations. Thanks Andrew!

FYI - Lots of good stuff on NASIOC but for people new to subaru's the single most usefull thread that I found was Unabomber's Manifesto:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

Next Steps:
  • Preparing garge space and unpacking the donor kit later this week!
  • Begin installation of my laundry list of engine mods
  • I recieved my call from Jay at FFR racing last week. My kit will be ready August 10th (unchanged from my per-order date) +~2weeks for Stewart transport to the west coast and then end of August can't arrive soon enough!

Let the fun begin!

-Ethan