Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Best automatic trans to use with Coyote in the 33

Post Thanks / Like

Best automatic trans to use with Coyote in the 33

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 33 Hotrod, and I will use the new 5.0 Coyote motor. I didn't get any help with an automatic transmission recommendation from the FF guys, other than the statement that the stock Mustang transmission would not fit, so I would like some input on the best AOD transmission to use with the 5.0. I have always built cars around Chevy engines, because they were easy, and you could use any engine and transmission combination. I know Fords don't interchange so easily, or at least the older parts did not have good interchange. I was also planning to order the powder coated frame, but it sounds as though I may have to fabricate the transmission mounts, so I'm not sure about whether or not it makes sense to buy the powder coated frame. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and I like your build plans. Not sure which transmission to recommend, I have an older AOD in mine and use a TV cable. The electronic ones do not require the TV cable. I would still get the frame power coated, the trans mount you come up with will still bolt to the frame. Enjoy your build.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the 4R70W with the Bauman controller behind the Aluminator engine and love it.

Chuck
    Chuck

Mk1, MK3, Hotrod, Gen 3 Daytona Coupe, RF GT40
    Hang Up and Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Arm7419 View Post
    I use the 4R70W with the Bauman controller behind the Aluminator engine and love it.

Chuck
    Thanks for the suggestion. Which trans mount did you order? Was any welding involved in adapting the trans mount? I have a complete fab shop, I just don't want to clobber up the powder coating if I can avoid it.