FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: C-5 Vs C-6

Post Thanks / Like

C-5 Vs C-6

I apologize, I am sure this question has been asked and answered elsewhere in the forums, but I am not having any luck finding it. I am doing research on building a GTM and have some questions regarding chassis/suspension and various other components. Looking through the required parts list and with the understanding it is based off a C-5 platform, will components from a C-6 work the same? I.E.; control arms, brakes, parking brake, steering column, cooling system, ignition switch, throttle, wiring, fuel tanks, wiper motor, window regulators and all other sub-components and systems necessary to complete the build.
    I plan to run an LS7 and with that, I would like to buy a salvaged C-6 for a donor and have everything I need for the build in one shot less the transaxle, instead of buying all the components separately.

So all that to ask, do I need to look into a C-5 donor and find my LS7 and computer/harness elsewhere or am I good to roll with a C-6?

Thank you very much for your time, It is appreciated.

Nate

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Nate. I am sure some of the GTM builders will be able to answer your questions shortly.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the warm welcome Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nate,
    Your question has a very involved answer. You do need to post in the GTM forum to get the answer. The short answer is yes, with a few no's.

Start by looking at this awsome build, http://gtm410.com/

Good luck,
    Gene

Post Thanks / Like
    Much appreciated Gene

Tech Manager, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nate,

Welcome! Gene makes a good point. My advice is this: We designed the car around the C5 and didn't take a C6 apart to determine what would or wouldn't work, but I know that the spindles/brakes will work, and so will 2008 fuel tanks (maybe the whole range?). Either way, maybe some others from the GTM forum will have tried to use a C6 and can provide some more info.

Good luck!

Jason @ FFR

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input Jason, I'll resubmit my question in the GTM fourm.