Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shout out to QRP

Post Thanks / Like

Shout out to QRP

The other day I had a great conversation with Ted at QRP. I just wanted to share what a great source of information and what a great guy he is.

When I start my build, he will DEFINITELY be getting business from me.

Thanks, Ted, for taking the time to talk to me. There was some stuff that I thought I knew, that you confirmed, and some stuff that I thought I knew, that you confirmed that I didn't know.

I just thought this was worth sharing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    x2. I'm planning on buy the genesis shock kit and front swaybar kit form qrp. good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    The other day I had a great conversation with Ted at QRP. I just wanted to share what a great source of information and what a great guy he is.

When I start my build, he will DEFINITELY be getting business from me.

Thanks, Ted, for taking the time to talk to me. There was some stuff that I thought I knew, that you confirmed, and some stuff that I thought I knew, that you confirmed that I didn't know.

I just thought this was worth sharing.
    Hey Taz, enjoyed our conversation too. Very interested in your project, sounds very ambitious & rewarding. Keep me posted on your progress.
    What we have learned being in the Automotive & Racing industry for 40 years has it's benefits.
    The experience that we we learn on the racetrack helps us develop better products.

Here is a excellent recap on last months 25hrs of Thunderhill.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...er-daydreaming

Thanks CF too!

near the lil podunk town of Milano (about a hour northeast of Austin) {middle of NOWHERE}
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    x2. I'm planning on buy the genesis shock kit and front swaybar kit form qrp. good stuff.
    speaking of sway-bar kits..... have they developed a rear kit yet???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugly_Old_Cowboy View Post
    speaking of sway-bar kits..... have they developed a rear kit yet???
    MikesPMS from the other forum used the front and rear sway bars from the donor corvette. He fabbed up some mounting plates that attach the the GTM chassis in the correct position to use the donor parts. I've installed his brackets and the corvette sway bars, front and rear, on my GTM, along with Ted's coilover kit (Genesis). It rides very well.

-Michael

near the lil podunk town of Milano (about a hour northeast of Austin) {middle of NOWHERE}
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
    MikesPMS from the other forum used the front and rear sway bars from the donor corvette. He fabbed up some mounting plates that attach the the GTM chassis in the correct position to use the donor parts. I've installed his brackets and the corvette sway bars, front and rear, on my GTM, along with Ted's coilover kit (Genesis). It rides very well.

-Michael
    how well does it do in high-G cornering??? I plan to put my GTM on the track....
    I was already planning on using the QRP (Genesis) shocks & rear shock anchor....
    Last edited by Fugly_Old_Cowboy; 01-04-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugly_Old_Cowboy View Post
    how well does it do in high-G cornering??? I plan to put my GTM on the track....
    I was already planning on using the QRP (Genesis) shocks & rear shock anchor....
    I wish I could tell you, but I don't have any experience in the car with high g cornering just yet. Wish I had! I am using Ted's rear shock mount as well.

So in the spirit of the OP, Ted knows his stuff and sells great products. As I already said, I'm using QRP's Genesis shock/coilover package, their rear shock mounts, their mirror switch, Crash's heater bypass kit, and probably one or two other items that slip my mind (probably because it's well below freezing out). So thanks QRP for all the help!

-Michael