Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey Family Build Thread (coupe)

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!!!! That's a terrible idea. The Navy would take one look at me and fall on the floor laughing. I think I'll stick with brainstorming ways to become a million or billionaire.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to go the Navy route. My brainstorms ended up nothing more than a light drizzle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Let's get back to work on the coupe!!!
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to, but I can't work on it until the weekend. Sorry. Work gets in the way during the week. If it helps, I've been trying to find tires. I managed to get the last two ecsta xs tires for Scoopy, but so far have only found one for Coupey. Didn't buy it, but hopefully they'll make some more soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is why I went with the Nitto NT05s. They will be all I need for as long as they last. By the time I replace them the Ecsta XS's will be available or superseded.
    Last edited by NukeMMC; 02-02-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found two 315 Kuhmo Ecsta XS's in December at the Tire Rack. I had been looking trying to find them for a month ANYWHERE in the country and was about to give up when magically out of no where the availability date changed from back order to the next day. Called immedately and they said they had two coming into the east coast (who knows from where). I paid for them on the spot and sure enough they were delivered 10 days later. I was convinced I had found the last two in the country at the time. A friend of mine is a tire distributor and he called his Kumho rep and pretty much got laughed at. His feedback was that there are none availalbe from Kuhmo, none in the pipeline, and Kuhmo has no idea when more will be made.

Good luck... I was one day from going Nitto NT-05's...

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by MRSQSL View Post
    Would love to, but I can't work on it until the weekend. Sorry. Work gets in the way during the week. If it helps, I've been trying to find tires. I managed to get the last two ecsta xs tires for Scoopy, but so far have only found one for Coupey. Didn't buy it, but hopefully they'll make some more soon.
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so jealous!!!! You lucked out getting those two in December. I was pretty proud of myself for finding the one (actually the same place I found the two for Mike a couple years ago), but Mike told me not to buy it because the date code will be different and one really won't help me since I need two. Fine. I realize it isn't their best selling tire, but there is definitely a demand and I wish they'd make them more than once a year (or however often they do it). I guess I'll have to check each day and see if I can find two. If you happen to stumble across a couple, please let me know. I am looking for 315/35r17.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for 315/35r17.
    Julie, with the coupe I think you can go all the way up to a 335/35/17
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so jealous!!!! You lucked out getting those two in December. I was pretty proud of myself for finding the one (actually the same place I found the two for Mike a couple years ago), but Mike told me not to buy it because the date code will be different and one really won't help me since I need two. Fine. I realize it isn't their best selling tire, but there is definitely a demand and I wish they'd make them more than once a year (or however often they do it). I guess I'll have to check each day and see if I can find two. If you happen to stumble across a couple, please let me know. I am looking for 315/35r17.
    The date codes on my two rear 315/35-17's from the Tire Rack were there same 3/2013. I sourced the fronts (255/40-17) from the local tire place I have done business with for 20 years and they had them in 3 days.

Kevin
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right Frank, but I can't find where Kumho makes an Ecsta in that size. We are really impressed with the tires on Scoopy and I want something that sticks as well (you know for all the maniac driving I plan to do).

Post Thanks / Like
    Week 49:

We don't own every single size, shape and configuration of tool on the market. Shocking, right?

Saturday morning I decided it was time to tackle the rear rotors and rotor hats. We bought the correct socket/allen head thing and we bought thread lock. This should take a few minutes and then on to the next project. Can you guess what went wrong?

I couldn't find one of the bolts. I had taken it to the store to find that stupid adapter thing and I put it in the small front pocket of my purse. We left the store and I clearly remember announcing to Mike "When I ask you what I did with the bolt, remind me I put it in the small pocket in my bag". I had checked that little pocket before we went on the cruise because I didn't want to be setting off alarms or metal detectors or weight limit monitors because of this odd little metal thing. It wasn't in there and so off we went to enjoy our vacation. Before I panicked, I asked Mike if he had maybe left it in his pocket (I handed it to him in the store and maybe my brain made up the memory of putting it back in my purse). He said he never had it and that we had gotten the thing at Harbor Freight and so therefore it's all my fault. No. We got it at Lowes. He didn't believe me until we looked at the tool and it said Kobalt. Ha!!!! In your face!!!! Wait, I want him to help me find the bolt, not hate me. I checked every pocket of every outfit he'd ever worn (clean and dirty). I checked the counters, drawers, on top of the washing machine, etc. No luck. Mike searched the garage. I began repeating my story to Mike. When I got to the purse part, I shoved my hand deep into that little pocket just as I had done several times before and as I was saying "see", my finger hit a little metal thing. What a relief, but what a waste of time. Sorry Pookie.

I plopped on the ground and began assembling the rotor contraption. I got to the torquing part when I realized I couldn't hold the rotor from moving and pull hard enough to torque. Wouldn't you know Steve chose that exact moment to appear in the garage with a question about his science project. Aha! I grabbed him and forced him to assist. Mike took some probably awkward looking photos of me trying to hold the rotor down while Steve torqued. I repeated the process on the opposite side. The next step would be safety wire, but we all know Mike agreed to do it for me so I wouldn't turn into a homicidal maniac (again). He was busy with Scoopy, so I turned to the caliper bracket and a can of paint instead. Not my finest paint job. I take that back. My finest paint job, but not the finest I've ever seen. Da Bat would be horrified.

Mike required my assistance with Scoopy, so that's all I was able to do for the next hour or two. Afterwards, we both plopped on the sofa to watch the Factory Five DVD we received but never had time to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but now Mike is insisting we need a bigger garage because we need to build three more cars (GTM, '33 and 818). I'm not arguing, I just don't see any way to come up with that kind of money or space. During the DVD, Mike safety wired the rotors. Let me tell you what he ended up having to do. I don't want to get yelled at if this is a bad thing, but it just might help a future builder. Because of where the bolts are (different than the fronts), it was pretty much impossible to thread the wire through the holes in about half of the bolts. I suggested to Mike that he unbolt my previously torqued bolts enough to get the holes turned to a convenient position, thread the wire through and then retorque. It worked. Yay!

Planning to pack it in for the evening, Mike thought it would be nice to throw the finished rotors onto the wheel studs and check out our combined work efforts. How many times have I told him not to do things like that????? The fat part of the wheel stud was too fat for the rotor hat holes. The rotor didn't sit correctly or flushly or whateverly. I was willing to let it go by just throwing duct tape wherever necessary. Mike, darn perfectionist, wanted to fix it by drilling out the holes. Loser. He emailed Gordon Levy who agreed they should be drilled and the correct size would be 9/16. Guess what size drill bit we didn't have (anymore).

Sunday morning we went to Lowes. They had one 9/16 drill bit in stock. One. I realize all I needed was one, but this was for something I've never heard of (dening or duning or deming or something). Whatever. It'll have to work. We headed home and I attempted to drill. Nope. It would grab the hole and fling me and/or the rotor all over the universe. Mike ended up holding the rotor while I drilled. Proud of myself, we carried the rotor assembly to the rear and plopped it on the studs. Nope. Still too small. I said we should just wobble the bit, but Mike wanted the holes to be straight and clean, not jerky and oblong. FINE!!!! We can do it right. He used the calipers to find out the diameter of the fat stud (no, the bolt thing...not himself). Hee, hee. It would require a drill bit of 37/64. What?! Do those exist???? He suggested we go back to Lowes. Ummmm...no. They won't have it. We looked online and saw people had gotten them from Napa. Napa closed at 4:00 and it was 3:42 at that point. We raced to the truck (I drove because his back was killing him, but my neck was killing me and I couldn't turn my head to the right - what a pitiful couple we made). We made it to Napa with a few minutes to spare thanks to my amazing driving skills. It could be that Napa is one exit away, but still...

Napa announced they don't sell drill bits. Noooooooo!!!!!! Mike bought coolant for the Cobra and off we went to Home Depot. I don't even have to tell you they didn't have it. They had a sandpaper chunky thing that seemed to be the right size, but not a drill bit. No tap either. Mike is going to McFadden Dale Hardware by work today to see if he can get the right size.

I'd say "to make a long story short", but clearly it's too late for that. I guess I'll just close by saying we got essentially nothing accomplished on my car, but managed to waste an entire weekend doing it. We did have a serious discussion about kicking in the NOS. We need to get moving on this car and he has agreed to my terms. Now that I've done the bulk of the suspension which I didn't do at all on Scoopy, it's fair to say I built the car myself and now he and the kids can get in and we can build it family style like we did the Cobra. We haven't told the kids yet though. Mike asked what I wanted each of them to do. I responded by saying I didn't even know what I was going to do next. I guess I need to pick up the manual again. The next couple months should be interesting. The plan is to trailer it to Huntington Beach for the FF show in April. It needs to have tires, wheels and brakes. It'd be nice if it had an engine. I'm not setting the bar that high. I'm going to do some research on the Nittos mentioned above.
    Last edited by MRSQSL; 02-03-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update on my update. Mike just texted me. While he was at the store getting my drill bit (which I don't know if he got or not), someone bashed their car door into the side of the Challenger. It looks pretty bad in the picture he sent. This is at least the third time he's had to have work done on the car for the exact same thing. Why can't people be more careful with their doors????? It's not like you can't see the car. It's bright orange! I don't know any other details. Hopefully he got the guy's info. Super sad face.

Post Thanks / Like
    Julie

You are close to Hollywood, I think you need to start making a movie of this. Especially all the trials and tribulations. Maybe a TV show, could this be the next "Modern Family" only a car version!! LOL
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras

Post Thanks / Like
    couple pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11
    Build thread: HERE
    Epic First start video HERE

Type 65 Coupe Ordered 01/17/13

Post Thanks / Like
    used the 37/64 bit last night on the hats so they clear the shoulder on the lug shoulders. Perfect fit. Very nice! YES!
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see that progress is being made. Julie, your driving skills are improving.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Jules, this line had me cracking up - "He used the calipers to find out the diameter of the fat stud (no, the bolt thing...not himself). Hee, hee. "

P.S. Nice cleavage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Week 50:

Stuff happened. I have a smidge of a cold, so my head is a little foggy and I'm having trouble remembering what we did. Mike is really sick, so I can't whine too much about my slight ailment.

My assigned chore for Saturday was to look in the manual to figure out what to do next. Mike had told me he would finish buttoning up the brakes. What a sweet man!!!!! He never did, but that's beside the point. I dragged out the manual and began flipping pages. Next step would be installing the piece of aluminum that goes in the front of the pedal box. Nope. That needs to be finessed because of the round tubing we added in the front. Next. Pedal box. Okay. I pulled out the pedal box (Wilwood) and the instructions from the roadster (complete kit). Step one. Take off some pedal so you can put the brake light switch bracket and brake light switch on. Hmmmmmm...I don't recall seeing those. I looked through all the inventory lists and then used Mike's garage computer to surf ffcars (better search engine) and discovered the stupid little parts are not in the base kit. Trying to be self sufficient, I had not asked Mike for help yet. I trundled over and asked if we had ever purchased a switch or bracket. D'oh! No. Okay, researched and decided I'd just call Factory Five on Monday. I put the pedal box back and flipped through some more pages. Next step would be the A shaped aluminum piece that goes in the cockpit over the trans tunnel. Okay. I searched high and low and could not find that little annoying metal sheet. All the footbox aluminum had been stacked behind the boxes and behind the engine in the garage. There were two pieces of metal up high and I pulled out a ladder. Climb, balance, swivel, balance, sway, balance, crap. Well, not literally. These were not the right pieces either. I was ready to throw myself in a heap on the floor and cry for a few minutes to get it all out of my system. Instead, I hitched up my big girl panties and my thinking cap. I dragged two giant, heavy tires off the top of some boxes and proceeded to rip open the cardboard. Success!!!!! My missing aluminum was in the top of box 6a. Yeah, so the inventory sheet shows this is a box of aluminum, but not the footbox stuff so I didn't think to look there. Guess I must've shoved it in during inventory or shortly thereafter. My fault. I drew and drilled until the piece was clecoed in place. Very proud of myself, I was. Mike wanted to know why it was taking so long. Was I using enough cutting oil. What? Cutting oil? Ohhhhh!!!! I forgot about that stuff. D'oh! No, I wasn't using any and we don't have any. Added to the mental list of things to buy.

The next step appeared to be assembling the passenger footbox. I checked with Mike and he said it would be a good idea to get all the pieces out so we could see what we'd need to remake and what we'd be able to use as is. He's a smart man. Step 1 was to find the top of the box. The manual showed a triangular end and a squarish end and who knows what on the other side because it was a lousy picture for that kind of info. I had already gone through every piece of aluminum more than once. Just before I threw myself in the aforementioned heap, I decided to pull out the other pieces and just skip that one. Moving ahead in the manual, I noticed that suddenly that top piece had transformed from the one in the original picture to one with a hole and a slightly different shape in all future pictures. What? What happened? I knew where the piece with the hole was. I'd seen it several times and I raced over to grab it. I eventually showed the picture to Mike and he confirmed that the first shot in the manual is of the roadster and the rest of the shots are of the coupe. It's a different piece of aluminum for each car. Very odd. In the end, we got the footbox assembled and in, but it didn't fit quite right and would need some help. This required taking the floor panel in and out at least 8 times. I had to tape up the side impact bars so we wouldn't mess up the powder coat. Mike did all the grinding. In and out, in and out. It was really, extremely frustrating. Just a hair more. Once again, that was a fat *** piece of hair (excuse my foul language). It's all in (temporarily), but some work still needs to be done to get the top panel to stop bowing. We discussed the footbox drop mod, but the floor mat would be an issue and I really didn't think the small bit of space would be enough to make the car comfy for a large passenger. We decided (at least for this moment) to forgo that.

Sunday was another day to work on the car, but we were both feeling pretty sickly (stupid cold) and neither had the desire or the energy to do much. Rather than work on Coupey, we took Scoopy for a drive. What a beautiful day. The car is still running really well. Yay!

I called FF this morning and ordered the switch and the bracket as well as a seat track and a couple fluid reservoirs. The man on the phone was extremely friendly. I love Factory Five!! I also got online and finally sucked it up and ordered tires. If we are going to HB with the coupe, we need tires. I can't wait around for Kumho to decide whether or not they'll ever make the ecstas again. I had begun research Friday and continued up until we decided yesterday. Thanks to all the people that have ever asked tire questions in the past. If I couldn't have my Ecsta XS, I wanted a 335 in the back. Anyone looked at the 335 selection lately? Yeah, not gonna happen. We agreed on the Nitto NT01 tires and I got them off of discount tire direct this afternoon. It was the best price I could find with free shipping and $25 off for ordering four tires. I'm getting 275/40/17 in the front and 315/35/17 in the rear.

My plan is for all of us to be healthy next weekend so we can devote much more energy to the car. Mike's family is visiting the following week, so I'm not sure how much work we'll be able to do then. HB is rushing towards us and there's still so much to do!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! I forgot to say that the manual shows drilling holes and riveting across the top of the A aluminum and down the sides. Don't do it. I did it and Mike flung the cleco out while fiddling with stuff. It is indented in those legs and there is no way to get the aluminum to sit right if you drill. He thought I was being my usual stupid self until I thrust the manual in his face with a lot of finger pointing and "there" words. Also, my birthday is the 18th of this month and Mike got me an early present. At first I thought he was a little strange, but after trying it out...I'm in love. He bought me a Chicago Pneumatic riveter. No, that's not a Harbor Freight brand. It's an amazing riveter that is so smooth and it catches the rivets and I can't say enough wonderful things about it. I held it and petted it and talked to it and I'm very possessive so expect to lose a few fingers if you try to touch it without my permission. Just saying...

Post Thanks / Like
    Julie, you will LIKE the pneumatic riveter - they are fun to use.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find enough things to rivet. I'm pretty sure the kids slept with one eye open last night. It didn't even rough up the face of the white rivet we tried. So much better than the one from Harbor Freight!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its amazing what happens when you spend some money on a tool. The harbor freight air one spit oil at you, was noisy as heck, jammed and jerked when you use it. The new one is so nice, that you swear it did not work when you pulled the trigger. But it did. Its a nice clean finish thats quite and fast. Plus it appears it won't jam anymore!!!
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Good tools DO make a difference! I bought mine several years ago from Craftsman and it never disappoints.

Post Thanks / Like
    As usual, nice write-up. Hope you guys get to feeling better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike -n-Julie, I just got two coupes in the shop and in another three weeks there will be two more....It's gonna be like,like,like Coupepolloza at the Batcave. You'll have to come by and check it out. I average 1 every 2 years and now 4 at the same time......I feel a disturbance in the Force...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we disturb your force Saturday morning? I realize you'll only have two of the four, but I'm not sure if I could handle four in the same place anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Things go in cycles. I am currently doing 2 coupe turnkeys as well as a spider and will start on another coupe in a couple months.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    It would have to be around 8-9. Late morning I have to move a horse. What's up with that? A horse! I know, right?..da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    It would have to be around 8-9. Late morning I have to move a horse. What's up with that? A horse! I know, right?..da Bat
    So Jeff, what did the horse ever do to you?? ;-o)

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished painting that horse ehh. Bet u regret offering that free pickup deal now. See you abou 8:30. I need to ask you for another favor too. So you have that to look forward to. Lol
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    DUDE! Bring my mold release wax! I got the horse stuck!

Post Thanks / Like
    don't worry, going to bring the wax and the molds... LOL...
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Those drill bits --- I do hope you bought more than one - cause when it breaks or gets dull, you will have to run all over the place to get a new one. Check McMaster-Carr - they have all the weird sizes and it gets to your door the next day!

No work on my Coupe lately - I got stuck in the east coast snow storm (ATL) last week......

-wayne
    Ordered Type 65 Complete Kit Aug 29, 2012 - The 50-50 $ale!
    Standard Width IRS; Halibrands - 17x9, 17x10.5
    Kit Arrived: Oct 9, 2012; Build Started: Oct 28, 2012
    WordPress: http://wayne-yoshida-kh6wz.com/
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/waynetyoshida
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kh6wz?feature=results_main

Post Thanks / Like
    This weeks pics. Julie will comment tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Big Blocker (Pete) and I were wandering around our local C&C on saturday, and spotted this badge on the grill of a GN. I thought it might be a cool idea for Steve's new ride.

GN.JPGQuick.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, SWEET! Gonna show him that tonight. Thanks for sharing that!!!
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Week 51

Da Bat has quite a nice collection of coupes at the moment. I'm hoping he'll find a way to stuff the other two in the shop once he gets them and maybe we can visit again. I learned a lot from the two he has currently. Very inspirational. As usual, Jeff entertained us with stories of his recent adventures. I could listen all day. Unfortunately, he had a horse to move, so we only stayed for a little chunk of the morning. No work got done on my car after because Mike's family is coming for a visit Wednesday and we had some stuff we needed to do to get ready for their arrival.

Sunday was car day. Okay, I guess we did a smidge Saturday. We had the wheels and tires along for the ride and stopped at a Big O in Temecula. Unfortunately, they were in the middle of a buy two get two tires free sale and were booked up for three hours. We opted to go to the Big O we normally use in Lake Elsinore instead. We arrived and were told the same thing. They were booked because of the sale, but could get to them before the end of the day. They wanted $5/tire more than the other store. When I questioned them, though, they didn't seem to care and weren't going to cave. Whatever. I blame Mike because he stayed in the truck so Aly and I were in there looking (apparently) like two gullible, helpless females. It didn't matter that I could answer another customer's nitrogen questions just as well as the sales people. To make a long story short, they were not done by end of day as promised.

First thing Sunday morning, Mike and I drove to Big O. Once again, Mike opted to wait in the truck. I went in by myself and discovered they were currently working on the balancing. I could see the wheels being thrown in a machine. They didn't seem terribly apologetic, but said it would only be a few minutes. In the meantime, I could pay. I brought up the higher price again and this time they agreed to lower it. Yay!!!!!!! After answering the same question at least four times, we left with our new wheels (what are these going on?).

As soon as we got home, I let the air out of the tires. Not all of it, but I lowered the pressure from 40 psi down to 22 and 24 psi depending on whether they were a front or rear tire. Mike tossed them effortlessly up on Coupey and then the real fun began. All we wanted to do was put the little car on the ground. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? Two trips to the store and about 5 hours later, the car was firmly planted on it's own little feet. We no longer had the engine hoist we had borrowed previously. That was how we had manuevered the car on and off the stand prior. Mike could lift the front, so he suggested we get some wood (we didn't have any the right size) and use that with the jacks to lift the rear and then he could lift the front while we slid the stand up and then we'd put the front on the other end of the stand and then lower the rear then move the jacks and lower the front. It made sense when he said it. We went to the store and returned home and cut wood. Mike jacked up the back and realized he could no longer lift the front because of the "fulcrum" (whatever that means). We got out the jack for the Jeep and thought maybe we could use that to lift the front. We now know the Jeep needs a functional jack. This one did not work any longer. Sigh. We sat and thought and I threw out some useless yet amusing ideas. My number one plan was to run out to the sidewalk and wait for cars to drive by. I'd flag down the drivers and see if I could collect enough strong people to muscle the car up and then down. Mike said that wouldn't be safe. Safe schmafe. In the end, we drove to Harbor Freight to buy a hoist. Too bad the one we went to had none in stock. They wouldn't sell us the floor model even after a lot of puppy dog eyes. They had the top portion, but not the bottom and offered to sell us the bottom of a lighter duty hoist. Ummmmm...no. It didn't have the bolt holes in the right places and seemed lighter duty. They checked stock and found 7 in Moreno Valley. That's about 30 miles from the Murrieta store we were currently at. Sigh. We bought the hoist and drove home and assembled it. Assembly isn't fun when it's dark and we are tired and the directions are unclear. Anyway, we got it together and used it, two jacks, wood, four jack stands and a lot of skill. I'm beyond thrilled with the car. I don't know why it inspired me so much to see it on the ground, but it did. I jumped in and pretended to drive it and hugged it and talked to it and petted it. I think we bonded. It looks SO low to the ground though. Mike measured it at 5 inches. I assume the engine is going to drop it the extra inch. It took a full weekend to basically do nothing. Mike's family will be here next weekend, so I'm not sure if we will be able to do anything. I'm waiting for the parts I ordered from Factory Five anyway. The parking brake handle we bought from a fellow member (thank you Ski Bum Vince) arrived tonight, so I'm looking forward to playing with that. I built the one in Scoopy, so I'm betting I can build this one too. I wouldn't gamble too much money on that though. Definitely not a sure thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, I came up with a clever new nickname for you today too. "Panama jack" lol. It's perfect!
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Your new lift from Bend Pac will be a great addition to your shop.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    You certainly could have borrowed the hoist again. Just sayin..
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast