No problem! I used regular 3 inch PVC for the tube (3.5 OD). The ends are plumbing inspection/clean out ports. There are a variety of types but I wanted the flat one (cross pattern) that are used for installing flush with the sheet rock and cover plate instead of the one with the "nut" on the end. You can use a screw driver to turn. I used silicone to connect them. The fittings are 90 degree 1/8 MIP x 3/8 Barb Nylon part# 19-9703 LASCO. I got activated aquarium charcoal (9 oz wt) and used about half of that in a 6 inch tube. I had to use sun screen material cut to fit the ends to contain the charcoal. Didn't have that nice little mesh bag that I've seen in some projects.

The bracket is 3/4 x 1/8 steel. I marked it at 1, 2, 5.25, 2, 1 increments after measuring against a hand drawn template. I bent the steel over the PVC then bent the steel at the first set of marks. I placed that on the drill press and drilled out holes large enough for the hose clamp. If you do that before cutting the hole, it will not allow the bend to be clean. Then bent it at the other marks to clear the curved portion and make the mounting flanges. I used the bracket to mark my holes from the inside of the trunk just above the 3/4 inch tube. I also drilled the 3/16 hole for the rivet from the inside just below the other holes. I did have to get Trish to help me by holding the T allen wrench on the inside while I tightened the nuts. BTW: I made the original too long and cut it down to a more reasonable size. So it is easy to access and reload the charcoal. As you can see I added the small bracket at the bottom to act as a stop so the band clamp would not carry the entire load. So far so good. No gas smells in the garage.

Thanks,

WEK.