Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
Well I am happy, after what Dan explained to me, the solution I put in place is a 10mins install. I was expecting to lose hours, cutting, welding, drilling, etc., but no. 2 easy holes in the FW and I am up to something else.

I fixed the pedal directly on the FW, without FFR's bracket. The curvature of the pedal bracket (OEM, not FFR) allows to clear just the clutch cylinder support. The pedal is centered to my taste, high enough and almost flush with the other 2 pedals. It has pretty much the same distance between it and the brake than the brake and the clutch. I will anyway put on a reversed L-shaped aftermarket gas pedal so it will bring even closer. There is PLENTY of distance to the floor when floored. And the pedal travel is more than needed, it's about 3in travel and I know I need something like 2-2.25in. I have twice the travel like that than with FFR's bracket.

I just need to make it stronger in place, cuz if I let the springs go back, it wobbles on the rubber stopper, the pedal vibrates a bit and it sounds hollow a bit (alu panels). But I have a lot of ideas to make it stronger, I may even tack weld the top U-shape section of the pedal bracket to the top tube frame and some of the side bracket to the vertical tube frame. Who knows, but that is going to be easy.

The cable hole will be slightly offset compared to FFR's, but that doesn't change anything.

2014-07-02 14.08.08.jpg2014-07-02 14.08.20.jpg2014-07-02 14.08.35.jpg2014-07-02 14.08.45.jpg2014-07-02 14.09.35.jpg2014-07-02 14.09.51.jpg2014-07-02 14.09.59.jpg

After my short discussion with Dan, I think now, what a few people told me, is printed in my head. This is a kit car, you can do whatever you want the way you want it to be. And what's in the manual (or not!), doesn't mean it's "the" way to do it or doesn't mean there aren't mistakes.
I know I'm a few weeks late to this party, but I want to say that this is exactly what I thought I wanted to do (just from reading of everyone else's problems). Man, great pictures, Frank. This is perfect! Let us know if you come up with a cool solution for the stability issue.