Quote Originally Posted by johngeorge View Post
John, get yourself a GPS based datalogger! stop with this stop watch nonsense. Some loggers have shock travel, load sensors, ride height sensors, etc.. to better quantify the changes you start making.
Hey John

Very true. I have a gps data logger from stack called a clubman. It's good because it takes the CAN signal from my Bosch based ECU. The ecu will take CAN inputs like wheel speed steering rate and overlay 3 axis accelerometers with gps data.

It also allows for a secondary CAN input channel for the things that the ECU can't deal with.

And all of that is auto synchronized with up to 3 video feeds I use 2 now.

I get a reasonably good idea of what the car is doing at any point in time, however I'm a complete novice when it comes to data collection. That's another thing I will sort out over the off season.

It will be much easier to spend a day sorting all the systems on the street at legal speed. Instead of burning expensive and limited track time figuring out how to get the sensors all working.

I wish there was a killer data logger solution that was as easy and powerful as an iphone. But sadly we are back in the days of DOS and setting IRQs and interrupt values manually when you buy a data logger.

It's another project for the winter. I looked at AIM. Decided Stack was better for my purposes. Do you know of a data logger that's powerful but user friendly?