Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
Virtually every panel needs to be trimmed somewhere. The headlight eyelids need to be thin, I went below 1/4 inch, the fenders need to be cut at the corners for the inside ends of the headlights as per metal's photos. Also as Chris (Metalmaker) indicated the manual will drive you to frustration. you need to trim and check, trim and check almost everywhere it is NOT done to finish size at FFR. The nose needs to be cut a bunch in the area where it interferes with the radiator support/nose support tubes allowing it to slide back.

The hood, engine cover and trunk all need their returns trimmed a ton, the rear corners of the hood need to be trimmed a ton too. (and how to trim depends on type of hood, early hoods have sharp pointed corners, new ones have a revised, stronger shape.)

Once you realize this fact, it gets a bunch easier. It is scary as once it is cut unless you want to do a bunch of bodywork its far easier to cut than to add back.

I'm going to use Pete's method to allow adjusting the headlights and scrapping my headlight brackets from underneath.

The rear of your front fenders are waaaay too thick, shoot for 1/4 at the top and a knife edge at the bottom to get the door to clear when opened

I do wonder why FFR doesn't setup a proper process to cut them to the desired shape vs leaving us to cut the final shape by hand.

BTW I found that if you buy rolls of cheap 1/8 pin striping tape its easy to lay down a nice smooth line to follow to get a nice smooth trimmed edge
Thanks!!

Doors don't open, it's an R.

From what I understand of the fiberglass industry it's usually piece work that's contracted. So you get paid per panel quality and fit/finish notwithstanding. The amount of flaws is pretty bad on all three kits we've gotten. I'd say the best bet is to ignore the air holes and chips and know that it's just a kit car. But a few days of body work or even a wrap would solve most issues.

I'm going for a GOOD ENOUGH on the body panels. I know it's going to SEMA but it's only 3 days and I have to race this for the foreseeable future. Plus I love the mantra, "A race car is always a show car, but a show car is rarely a race car."