BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: High School Students Build Factory Five 818S

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

High School Students Build Factory Five 818S

Experience Aviation is a charitable organization run by world-record setting pilot Barrington Irving, who was the youngest and first African-American pilot to fly solo around the world. Experience Aviation teaches under-privileged inner-city youth valuable skills and self-confidence.

Factory Five Racing sponsored this important charity a few years ago, and the students built a beautiful white LS-powered GTM. Last March, we sponsored them again with a discounted 818 kit. The car is now done, and students from Texas did the majority of the work.

We just got photographs of the finished car, and there are some exciting plans to promote what the students have accomplished.

On behalf of everyone at Factory Five Racing, I want to congratulation the students and teachers of Experience Aviation on completing a great 818 build. Click here to learn more about Experience Aviation.

This white LS-powered GTM was built by students and instructors at Experience Aviation camp.

The newly built 818 has a similar paint scheme to the GTM Experience Aviation built. It kind of looks like it’s kid brother.

Due to the success of the GTM program, a good number of sponsors helped on the 818 project.

The students from Experience Aviation show off the 818 they built at a local event in Texas.

Built, not bought. In this case, built by high school students for a good cause!
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to the students from Experience Aviation for a beautiful build!
    And, thanks to Factory Five for helping them!
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    They now join a small group of car enthusiasts who can say "I built it"! Great job.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Since their organization name is Experience Aviation, they should consider doing a build project with an actual aircraft instead of a car.
    Our local program has been operating since 2009 and is just starting its forth project.

If interested you can get more details HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindinclouds View Post
    Our local program has been operating since 2009 and is just starting its forth project.
    Cool

Since their organization name is Experience Aviation, they should consider doing a build project with an actual aircraft instead of a car.
    they have...

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    debbie-downer.jpg
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    Cool

they have...

Cool

I guess I should have looked at their web site.
    Since I work in aviation I am actually familiar with many of Barrington's accomplishments, but since I saw there have been two car projects I wrongly assumed they have done nothing with aircraft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx View Post
    I guess you missinterpreted my comment.
    Building ANYTHING with kids is a great thing to do.... get the fingers and brains doing something other than working with video game controllers.....