Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gas line leak - Faulty Fuel line on FFR supplied pump bracket

Post Thanks / Like

Gas line leak - Faulty Fuel line on FFR supplied pump bracket

Thought I would throw this out there if anyone else has a problem with the FFR supplied fuel pump bracket and tank seal.

I had a frustrating time trying to seal the pump line. Wouldn't seal with the white FFR quick disconnects, wouldn't seal with 5/16 line clamped directly on it, wouldn't seal with a smaller size 1/4 in line clamped directly to the line.

Turns out there was one or two pinholes in the ridge that is meant to hold the quick disconnect onto the fuel pump line.
    fuel lines.JPG

I cut the tube off just upstream of the ridge, and replaced the 5/16 fuel line clamped directly to the fuel pump line. No Leaks now.
    new fuel line.JPG

Hope no one else has this problem, its a quick fix once you find the leaks...... but now my garage smells like gas.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley818 View Post
    I cut the tube off just upstream of the ridge, and replaced the 5/16 fuel line clamped directly to the fuel pump line. No Leaks now.
    Harley,
    That line has 45psi in it. I think it is very important to have a barb or bead on the tube. If you don't the hose might blow off shooting a lot of gas all over the place.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point Bob.
    Not sure how I can do it though, other than asking FFR for a new pump bracket assembly.
    Any other ways you can think of?
    As you can see, I have two clamps on it, and its on tight, but you are right.... its not as safe as it could be
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley818 View Post
    Good point Bob.
    Not sure how I can do it though, other than asking FFR for a new pump bracket assembly.
    Any other ways you can think of?
    As you can see, I have two clamps on it, and its on tight, but you are right.... its not as safe as it could be
    2 options I can think of.
    1. get a pump assembly from someone that used a boyd tank.
    2. Tighten on a 5/16 compression fitting on the tube. Then remove the fitting. The compression ring will serve as a bead. Cut off the nut or not.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 01-26-2015 at 01:59 AM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread