Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New 818 Configurations Windtunnel Tested

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schenck View Post
    That front intercooler on the R is air to air. We used most of the summer testing different intercooler configurations in this car, two different air to water and 3 different air to air, and this is the latest from our test at Palmer a few weeks ago. That test was interrupted by an engine management issue so we are leaving the car this way for the next test as well. We did mostly aero testing on track at NHMS last month which also helped set us up for what we wanted to try in the tunnel as it gave us a chance to come back and build some new scoops and ducting to take with us.

The air speed during the smoke wand runs is around 45mph, no data is collected during those sessions they are just visual. The data logging runs are done with 85mph wind speed and then the software at the tunnel extrapolates to any speed you want from there.
    I'm SOOOOOOOO happy you guys are actually testing things. We would love info on what you found out with the intercoolers.

PS can you throw a new front end on the truck to SEMA that I can pick up? I'll be there this year. Will the old canards work, or are there totally new ones for the new fenders?
    Last edited by C.Plavan; 10-07-2015 at 09:03 AM.
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)