Looking very nice! I really like the look of that DEI spray.... how much does one can cover and does it seem very sturdy once dried?

On the fuel pressure: it certainly sounds like that could be the issue since at idle, the fuel pressure regulator would have to work the hardest. It is especially telling that the issue goes away when you go back to using the voltage regulator. I never ran my car with the factory pressure regulator so I can't compare notes there. I am running a fuel-lab regulator and I love it. I'm going to try bypassing my voltage regulator like you did, in prep for a larger pump down the line, and in order to troubleshoot the fuel cut-out issue I was having on the track.

One tip on trimming the engine cover.... I was trying too hard to trim mine so the engine cover was flush with the side sails and that resulted in my taking them down too far. The most important thing to line-up is the engine cover to door. You can then trim increasing amounts off the engine cover returns as you move toward the rear of the cover so it sits flush with the side sail at about the 1/2 way or 2/3 point back.

Very excited to see this coming together! It is looking really nice and I love the attention to detail.