Hey guys, I'm GUNS's brother and have been trouble shooting this car with him.

We removed the ground strap that bolts to the tranny, cleaned it and reinstalled. We did the same with the ground that is attached to the drivers side intake manifold. The grounds were good, solid connections with no paint, it we still made sure. We removed a coil electrical connection and verified 12v with the key on per instructions someone posted in this thread. If the coils are getting 12v, wouldn't that rule out a ground issue at the coils?

We also physicaly checked every ground we could possibly get to. There are a couple in the trans tunnel that we can't get to. We also removed the large connector with like 30 wires (forgot what it's called) and checked the grounds coming into it, then on the ECU side, checked the ground there. Everything keeps checking out. We've also checked every ground using a wiring diagram coming into the ECU.

We also removed the CPS and cranked the car. Got 0 RPM. Then we reinstalled it and cranked, we got a cranking RPM. This should rule out the CPS.

The car detailer said the car was idling for a few minutes while he let it warm up when it just quit. That was the last time it ran.

The plugs are brand new. I think the chances of all 4 plugs fouling at the same time are next to impossible, same with the coils.

When checking for spark, we pulled a plug and grounded it to the engine while cranking...obviously we could not see a spark. Since we have fuel and it cranks without any signs of life, we can't have spark. As many times as we have cranked this engine, it has about the same life in it as if the coils were all unplugged.

If the timing belt or chain broke (it's new and was replaced while he was building the 818, or just before), we would have piston to valve contact and the engine woild be locked, correct?

I think it's time to replace all the plugs just to start ruling out the impossible.

Can we use the light bulb trick to test the firing signal from the ECU to the coils?