FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: windshield mounting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just did my final windshield mounting after DaBat's paint and 13" from the bottom screw hole for length and 27" for the angle was perfect. The chrome almost always chips/flakes off when you cut to length, but is not seen. Shimmed the driver's side upper hole with two extra (taped together) washers and added one extra to the bottom hole. The passenger side did not require any shimming. Was also able to get the lower windshield rubber seal seated against the hood without any gaps. I recently helping another forum member mount his windshield after paint and we found that shimming also helped flatten/close any gaps with the bottom lower seal. I did not have the exact angle prior to paint and had to slightly rework the driver's side. If your body hole gets a little larger, you can trim your chrome cover plate to better position any gaps or allow the windshield to fit down flush. I was able tighten the driver's side bolts down, but man - I was doing some hot yoga to get r done...also - leave the passenger side vent gills off until you tighten down for access. A 1/4" (outside diameter) black vacuum line nicely fits nicely into the channel at the top of the windshield to finish r off.

Chris
    Last edited by cgundermann; 10-25-2017 at 07:37 PM.