Quote Originally Posted by GFX2043mtu View Post
Defiantly a power supply issue as you are having problems delivering enough power to support the motors inrush requirements (the reason for the slow starter spool up) Depending on the motor, starter, cable length, and gauge size you may have a issue with line losses due to a under sized cable. You can see if the cable is hot after rolling the motor for 5 seconds. I’m running a trunk battery and was forced to use much larger cable due to calculated line losses based on my starter requirements. I got my cable from summit racing and have a custom grounding strap. You can also check the ground cable to make sure it has a good connection. It may also benificial to make sure the cable ends are soldered to the lugs otherwise corossion will be a problem. They sell what is called battery terminal solder plugs that you put in the terminal and then heat it will pushing the cable into it and when it melts you let the assembly cool and shrink tube the exposed section and your good to go.
I used those solder lugs (https://theelectricaldepot.com/index...er+lug&x=0&y=0) to trim the F5-provided battery cables to the length I needed. They're super easy to install; just be sure that when you insert the cable into the molten solder you go relatively slowly so that you don't end up with an air pocket in your solder joint.

Cheers,

John