BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Massachusetts Registration

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Massachusetts Registration

Well. it's been almost 2 months since my 33 has been completed and I still can't get it registered due to the covid shutdown of the DMV offices. Not all offices are open and the few that are will only entertain "essential" vehicles for registration. After all the effort to build one of these cars, how can they say it's not an essential vehicle? My psycalogical well being is being damaged and I can only drive around the neighborhood so many times before the neighbors call the local fuzz about that loud unregistered vehicle. I've contemplated sticking an old plate (I know, highly illegal) plate on it so I can take it out for a shakedown cruise. Totally frustrated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    Well. it's been almost 2 months since my 33 has been completed and I still can't get it registered due to the covid shutdown of the DMV offices. Not all offices are open and the few that are will only entertain "essential" vehicles for registration. After all the effort to build one of these cars, how can they say it's not an essential vehicle? My psycalogical well being is being damaged and I can only drive around the neighborhood so many times before the neighbors call the local fuzz about that loud unregistered vehicle. I've contemplated sticking an old plate (I know, highly illegal) plate on it so I can take it out for a shakedown cruise. Totally frustrated!
    Will they allow you to get temporary tags? Here (Texas), you can get (print) temporary tags for I think 60 days with just proof of insurance. Then due to the COVID they are extending the expirations on those until 60 days past the official reopening of the offices.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Have you done your VIN assignment and State Police inspection?
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)

Post Thanks / Like
    They don't allow temporary tags in Mass. I am trying to work my way through the process which the first step is to apply at the RMV office for a VIN number. Once I get that I can go and have the State Police Inspection. Problem is, the RMV won't allow me to file with them for the VIN as it is not considered an "essential" service. To go to a RMV center thats open you have to schedule an appointment and they won't do it for this purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, you need to go to the law offices of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe for some help.
    They are on the 3rd floor corner of Brattle and JFK Street in Harvard Sq.
    They must have some pull with Charlie Baker??

Seriously good luck getting it registered.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    The last 2 years Charlie has sent me a Christmas card and I didn't even contribute to his campaign! (he is a pretty good Govenoer). Maybe I'll just ring him up and we can have a little tate -a tate.