Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Adjustment rails for Gen 2 hot rod seats

Post Thanks / Like

Adjustment rails for Gen 2 hot rod seats

Good evening my FFR brothers! I'm still waiting for my car, but just doing some serious research while I wait. Expecting the kit in the middle/end of July. I heard the other day through the grapevine that you have to buy some aftermarket rails for the seats in the gen 2 hot rod in order for them to be adjustable. Is this correct? If so, anyone use them and can share if they are worth it? Can you share where you got them as I would definitely like to be able to adjust if needed.

Thanks everyone!!
    Gen 2 33 Hot Rod ordered 05/06/2020, Blueprint engines SBC 400 c.i. fuel injected, TCI 700R4, Holly Sniper EFI, 3-link, Roadster (no top or windows), carbon fiber bike fenders and engine covers, A/C, Wilwood brakes, Infinitybox electrical system, Lokar shifter, Dakota Digital HDX gauge cluster, Schott Wheels Challenger EXL front 18x8 and rear 19x11, with Nitto 555 G2 tires front 235/40R-18 and rear 305/30R-19.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the Gen 2 seats are anything like the Gen 1 (low back Cobra seats) they mount right to the floor.
    I bought seat slides for mine to make them adjustable.
    Then a few weeks ago I swapped my seats for a pair of Miata seats that had sliders.
    I kept the sliders I had on the Gen 1 seats as the other guy didn't want them.
    I've been planning on selling them but haven't got around to listing them in the parts for sale section.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.