Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: #991 First Start

Post Thanks / Like

#991 First Start

I’ve read on here more than once about first starts that if you did not video it, it did not happen. So, here is my video of #991 first start. Actually, this was the first successful start. I had a couple of epic fails yesterday as I really wanted to say that #991 was “Born on the 4th of July.” It just wasn’t meant to be. Anyway, some clean up to tend to, tighten up the wiring, and bleed the brakes and I’ll be about ready to go-kart. Spent my first year mostly working on the body and I’d say it’s about 80% done. Did not really want to spend that much time working the body issues but as total novice at all this, I hacked up the body pretty good but did managed to get it to a functional point with hopes of an acceptable final outcome. Move to Georgia further delayed working on the car for six months. After go-kart, the body goes on so I can tag and drive the car. Paint will come later.

2. Likes Straversi, shmelty, Kamp, RoadRacer, JimLev, JOP33, sread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!!! I know the great feeling! So, what are you putting "under the hood"?

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool! Can't wait!!

Roger
    Gen 2 33 Hot Rod ordered 05/06/2020, Blueprint engines SBC 400 c.i. fuel injected, TCI 700R4, Holly Sniper EFI, 3-link, Roadster (no top or windows), carbon fiber bike fenders and engine covers, A/C, Wilwood brakes, Infinitybox electrical system, Lokar shifter, Dakota Digital HDX gauge cluster, Schott Wheels Challenger EXL front 18x8 and rear 19x11, with Nitto 555 G2 tires front 235/40R-18 and rear 305/30R-19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Congrats!!! I know the great feeling! So, what are you putting "under the hood"?

Steve
    Steve,
    It's mostly a Blueprint 383 Stroker. It was tempting to purchase a ready to run crate engine but when I was planning the build I wanted to get my hands into as much of the build as I could without getting myself into too much trouble. Building an engine from the block up was beyond my comfort level and if I flubbed somethingr left me concerned that I would not be able to recover. So, I went with a Blueprint block and head assembly I picked up from Summit and selected the bolt on components that included Edelbrock manifold, Holley Sniper, Holley Dual Sync distributor, Holley HyperSpark CD ignition, March front drive, and Flowtech headers. Also picked out a TCI 700R4 Street Fighter transmission. To further punish myself, I decided to us an American Autowire kit and build my own wiring harness. The build so far has presented may "opportunities" that challenged both skill and patience but overall it will be a memorable bucket list project.

Jack