FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Gen 3 installation in 33 Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Gen 3 installation in 33 Hot Rod

F33 Coyote Gen 3 builders.
    Has anyone been successful in re-plumbing the direct fuel injection pressure sender on the back of the Coyote Engine? FFR Hot Rod/Coyote Gen 3 Installation manual shows removal of the pressure sender in order to gain clearance from the fire wall. The FFR instructions then fail to provide any parts identification or instructions on how to re-plumb the sensor to gain firewall clearance.

Builders cannot install the Coyote Gen 3 engine until this step is completed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have done it. You need a 90 degree fitting, Its special and FFR has them.

If you need one let me know I think I have an extra or two. PM me.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks much for the response. I do have the special 90 degree elbow FFR sent with the Gen 3 Fitment kit but, it tightens in the fuel rail port with the 90 facing clocked downward towards the bottom of the engine. FFR recommended to tighten it another 45 degrees or so to get the 90 facing to the left side of the engine. Then to cut part of the molded intake manifold off so the pressure sensor will fit. I'm concerned about breaking the 90 fitting off in the engine. Bad day if that happens.
    Do you have any pictures of how it turns out when installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the Fitment kit, but the instructions weren't clear (as noted above) and was missing the 90 degree elbow in my kit. So, I left it on and test fitted the engine as I wasn't convinced it was actually needed based on measurements. There's 1/2 clearance between the back of the wire harness plug and the firewall. I'm really curious how much clearance you actually gain with the 90 degree elbow. My setup includes 4R70 transmission and there's a few things, at least currently, that are closer to the firewall than that sensor - such as the transmission bolts.

Anyone willing to share their pictures with it installed against the firewall or if you would share your clearance to the firewall measurement?
    Last edited by russwaggs; 07-15-2020 at 07:43 PM.