BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone use BBK shorty equal length headers on their build yet?

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use BBK shorty equal length headers on their build yet?

I bought a set of BBK equal length shorty headers for my Ford 5.0 going in my new 35 kit. The front of the 35 is the same as the 33 . Has anyone used these? If so what are the extra tubes and wire ties in the box for? No instructions were inside box and none on BBK's website to down load. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Digging up an old thread here... What was the result? Did they fit? I believe the extra tubes and zip ties are for re-routing the AIR hoses (thermactor, exhaust air injection, et.al.)

I would like to run the Equal-Length shorties, but after looking at pics tonight I'm wondering if they clear the steering shaft and EPS.

BTW - Summit is a great source for instructions/documentation summitracing.com/parts/bbk-15120/media/instructions
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TxMike64 View Post
    Digging up an old thread here... What was the result? Did they fit? I believe the extra tubes and zip ties are for re-routing the AIR hoses (thermactor, exhaust air injection, et.al.)

I would like to run the Equal-Length shorties, but after looking at pics tonight I'm wondering if they clear the steering shaft and EPS.

BTW - Summit is a great source for instructions/documentation summitracing.com/parts/bbk-15120/media/instructions
    I’m using them on my 289 FIA. Not period correct but they look really cool. Fit and clear everything on the roadster. Throw the extra parts over the shoulder.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    They fit but I had to raise the motor 1" and slightly dent the passenger side tube to have frame clearance. They do look cool, but if I had to do it again I would go with unequal length.

084DACD9-E3D8-4F8E-9C71-BB063CB28091_1_105_c.jpeg
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well that stinks.... Thanks for the reply!
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread