FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stripe Measurements

Post Thanks / Like

Stripe Measurements

I've seen a ton of different sets of racing stripe dimensions online for Roadsters, but I'm wondering, are there any "standard" measurements people are using for period racing style Coupes? Are people generally tapering them, or using the same width from front-to-back?

Thought about just using the Roadster measurements, but feel like there are enough differences in body styles that it warranted a quick ask for advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Alphamacaroon; 10-15-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    Cheers,

--jim

Build 1: Gen III Type 65 Coupe, Gen II Coyote

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamacaroon View Post
    I've seen a ton of different sets of racing stripe dimensions online for Roadsters, but I'm wondering, are there any "standard" measurements people are using for period racing style Coupes? Are people generally tapering them, or using the same width from front-to-back?

Thought about just using the Roadster measurements, but feel like there are enough differences in body styles that it warranted a quick ask for advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I kept my stripes straight (no taper like most of the roadsters). I have a 1" black center stripe w/ two 7" wide red stripes and then 1/4" black and red side stripes.
    DSC_3116.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I found no standard for the coupe stripes when I researched it online. For what it's worth, I have a picture of CSX2287 in my office, and it looks like 6" stripes with a 1" gap. But the stripes appear to taper inward at the hood opening, bulge outward a little as they pass over the edges of the hood bulge, and have a curve/taper in and out on the roof. Maybe Phil Spector painted them on after a hard night of partying - who knows. I made mine wide enough to get them beyond the hood bulge, which made them a bit easier to lay out and tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks much!
    Cheers,

--jim

Build 1: Gen III Type 65 Coupe, Gen II Coyote