Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: towing?

Post Thanks / Like

towing?

Ready to venture out of the neighborhood with my truck and want to make contingency plans in case "Murphy" decides to visit. Should one require a tow to get home, how does that work - I don't see where to attach the hook for loading on to a flat bed. (full fenders and running boards)

Bow On.jpg

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I carry two 6' long 1" wide nylon slings made for lifting loads. I can choke them on the LCA near where they attach to the frame. The tow driver can hook his winch cable to both so they look like an isosceles triangle. If your fenders are in the way you may be able to use a similar method but attach near the spindle end of the LCA.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. NAZ, good info; in the photo, I can just see the LCAs under the fender; so that should work, maybe add a spreader to keep the straps outboard