BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MK4 Front Upper control arm frame mount

Post Thanks / Like

MK4 Front Upper control arm frame mount

The manual shipped with my MK4 Kit (Revision 4H, May 2020) indicates the front upper arm should use the mount holes that are HORIZONTAL on top of the 2"X3" tube, NOT the vertical ones. However, all the build threads and the online version of the manual (Revision 4W, October 2019) show the arm being mounted using the vertical holes. Which is correct? Let me know - thanks Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    My manual is rev 4o, and it shows this:

MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on your choice of spindles. The horizontal mounts are used with donor spindles and the vertical mounts are used with the FFR proprietary spindles. Which are you using?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff - Many thanks for the quick reply - I'm using the FFR Proprietary spindles - so I will use the vertical mounts. Odd that Revision 4H of the manual has different wording than previous versions and is not clear on this point. By the way, having real trouble seating the Mevotech supplied ball joints - threads are way too tight - have ordered the MOOG ones - hopefully they will thread in better! Thanks again for your help. Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    John K - thanks for the quick reply. Odd that Revision 4H of the manual has different wording than previous versions and is not clear on this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean the anticorrosion coating from the threads of the Mevotech ball joints and they’ll thread in without a fight.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    got it - thanks