BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Wire dieting questions: STi

Post Thanks / Like

Wire dieting questions: STi

I was very intimidated to start working on the harness. Once I started I find it oddly engaging. Maybe its the OCD kicking in, but sort of sleuthing out where each wire goes and how each circuit connects has been a good winter basement project.

Anyway, with the helpful info posted by Forum folks, I’ve completed kind of easy stuff; doors, interior lights, airbag, HVAC. My donor is a '06 STI and I'm nervous about cutting out all the ABS and DCCD stuff. I can imagine the hassle of trying to get it to start and figuring out what piece is missing.

So I’m looking for confirmation I guess from someone who used a similar donor. Can I remove that big ABS connector? All the DCCD controls, etc.?
    My approach is to leave anything that is a question and take it out one by one after it runs, but any upfront help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 STi is probably the last of the easy diets because I don't believe it had an immobilizer to deal with (even though the 06WRX does). You can remove all of the ABS and DCCD stuff with no issues, I've successfully removed them all from my 2006 WRX.

3. Thanks driveslikejehu, DMC7492 thanked for this post
    Likes driveslikejehu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ajzride, that's helpful.
    but it looks like I do have the immobilizer. Do you know what else I need to look out for regarding it?
    Attachment 165166

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I used an 05 Sti for my car and had to keep the immobilizer. I tried removing it and the car won’t start. Reinstalled it and all the stuff for the key and it fired right up. I also removed the abs and dccd stuff and it caused no issues. Worst part was it put lights on in the dash which some I was able to get rid of by grounding or adding power to each light individually to get them to go out. Piece of tape behind the panel might have been easier so take your pick.

Good luck with it.

6. Thanks driveslikejehu thanked for this post
    Likes driveslikejehu liked this post